Message From The Founder
The greatest threat to our planet is the belief that someone else will take responsibility for it. We founded Back to Nature Project BNP to provide solution to the rapid degradation of the environment by human activities. because sustainable systems and green energy is the future of world peace,trade and investment. Conventional agricultural practices is one of the leading cause of environmental degradation. Therefore, we have chosen to address the rapid environmental degradation via teaching,training and advocating for Climate Smart Agriculture(CSA). Specifically Organic Agriculture which prioritizes HEALTH,FAIRNESS,ECOLOGY & CARE. Organic agriculture cut accross and address majority of the SDGs. We focus more on GOAL1: No poverty, GOAL 2: Zero hunger, GOAL 3: Good health & well being, GOAL 4: Quality education. GOAL 11: Sustainable cities & economy, GOAL13: Climate Action, GOAL15: Life on land. As an environmentalist and an agriculturist we welcome support & partnership from likeminds locally and internationally to discuss challenges and workout practical solutions to the inevitable future green economic system in relation to world peace and security. Zakariyyah Musa
Food Security Consultant with thirteen years’ cognate experience in agriculture, environment and climate change sector across twenty one countries. His works include:
- Founded “BACK TO NATURE PROJECT (www.backtonatureproject.com), a company which specializes in climate change mitigation initiatives.
- Co-founded and acts as Director on Environmental affairs of a Kenyan based international Nonprofit organization “YOUTH FOR SUSTAINABLE DEVELOPMENT” which promotes SDG 4: Quality Education, SDG 13: Climate Action, SDG 15: Life on land, and SDG 16: Peace, Justice and Strong institutions.
- Consulted and volunteered for firms in 21 countries such as Nigeria, Niger Republic, Burkina Faso, Ghana, Togo, Benin Republic, Egypt, Ethiopia, Tanzania, Uganda, Kenya, India, South Africa, United Arab Emirate, Turkey, Russia, Switzerland, France, Italy, Germany and The United states.
- Lectures and facilitates on climate change, organic agriculture, arid land ecology and environmental science and biodiversity at Kenya Institute of Organic Farming
- Organized and facilitated workshops on Agriculture, environmental sustainability, entrepreneurship and climate change in five African countries( Tanzania, Rwanda, Nigeria, Kenya and Ghana)
Pursuing a Master’s Degree in Biodiversity and Ecosystem Management at University of Nairobi and holds a Bachelor’s degree of Animal Production and Health from Ladoke Akintola University of Technology in Nigeria. Holds Advanced Diploma in Organic Agriculture from Kenya Institute of Organic Farming, and Certificate in Integrated System of Agriculture from Songhai Centre in Republic of Benin.